The project of painting the outside of you home begins (and in many ways ends) with preparation. Without proper prep, the exterior paint job on your home would soon deteriorate, just as the structure or your house would deteriorate without a proper foundation.
Here is our general exterior procedure:
- We begin by powerwashing to clean surfaces and allow for proper adhesion of primers and paint.
- We tighten any loose siding or trim with galvanized nails or screws.
- We use high quality acrylic caulk to weatherseal windows, doors, and all other previously caulked areas.
- We thoroughly scrape and sand to remove any loose paint. (The sanding not only smoothes but allows the subsequent primer to bond well to the bare surface.)
- Then an oil or acrylic primer is applied (depending upon surface) to fully bond and seal surfaces to accept paint.
- I invite you, as my customer, to inspect with me the prep process, as we ready your home for the final step...
- Painting! Ackermann Painting uses top of the line exterior paint. No contractor grade or mid-range paints with us! If a contractor fails to mention the quality of the brand of paint being used, you can bet they're applying low "contractor grade" paint.